Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Happy Birthday Dad

For quite a while I have been encouraging my father that he needed a blog. Not because I wanted to try and be the progressive son that brought him into the Web 2.0 era, no, that wasn't it at all. But because I have long had the benefit of the wisdom that he speaks and the encouragement that he gives and I wanted the world to have the same chance to gain from his perspective.
Now, while it is a birthday present to him that I set up this blog, it is truly a gift to those that read his thoughts and are inspired by his understanding of the world.
With that, I am going to turn this blog over to my dad and let the good times ensue.
(guest blogger - Andy E.)

2 comments:

Vince Ellwood said...

Thanks so much, Andy! I love this "gift" and I love YOU, too! Thanks for giving me so much encouragement to write and share my thoughts with you and others. We'll see if I really do it...

DAD

Deborah said...

I agree with Andy 100% that this blog is a gift to those who read it! I was so excited to see a link to it on the facebook newsfeed!

I've read Andy's blog off and on for some time but had no idea that you had one too, Vince.

if you read my recent comment to Ellen on her facebook, you know that I was a little sad to not receive a Vince Ellwood Christmas letter this year...but this is even better! it's like an all year long letter! :)

reading your words of wisdom makes me realize even more why I miss you and Ellen so very much!