Sunday, October 12, 2008

Sunday musings...

Where do I begin? I've been thinking and praying and pondering this blog idea ever since Andy gave me this gift for my birthday on September 30th. Being the logical guy that I am, I've been wondering about answers to the following questions: Why should I write? Who am I writing to? Who will actually be interested in reading this? When do I fit this activity into an already too busy schedule? Is this going to be the best use of my time? Can an old guy like me really be a blogger? Etc.

Well, I think you get the general idea. While blogging comes very naturally to some of you younger folks out there, not so much for me. I feel very self-conscious about it. Seems like I am going to potentially put a very private/hidden part of me "out there" for all of you to read/see. Not sure if I really like that very much. But, it is amazing how many ideas for blogs have been rushing into my head since I knew that I had a place to put them! Wow! The power of the pen! I just looked at my growing list of "ideas for blogs" (Remember? Make a list?) and it totaled 15! So, I guess I really do need to blog. I'm putting my reluctance aside and giving it a try.

Since I am a man of "patterns" and a creature of habit, I understand the benefits of routines (even though there can be some big drawbacks to routines, as well), this is how I'm going to try to make this work. I'll collect ideas throughout the weeks, and then on Sundays look for an opportunity to craft them, refine them and post them on this blog. What the heck. What's the worst thing that could happen? People finding out more about someone they think they know and love, but maybe don't understand completely? Trusting God for the results, I'm taking the plunge. Here goes!

No comments: